Millennials, the generation born between 1985 and 2000, is the largest living generation in the workforce today. Despite this, many companies are hesitant to hire them because of their reputation as “job hoppers.” However, millennials can be a great benefit to your business by bringing some unique skills to the table.
- Digital Natives – Millennials grew up alongside the digital revolution. They are the social media generation. You can leverage these skills to your advantage for social media marketing, web development, and bringing your company up to date with the latest technology.
- Educated – Millennials may be the best educated generation the business world has ever seen. They have wide-ranging skills and the knowledge to back up their ideas. If you’re looking for someone who knows their stuff, chances are you could use a millennial in your business.
- Adaptive Tech Skills –Millennials are the generation that started with bulky PCs and have seen technology make leaps and bounds –and they have adapted with them. Millennials will not be intimidated by the next technological development, but will integrate it into your business seamlessly.
- Desire to Collaborate – Because millennials are so skilled with Facebook, Instagram, and other social media sites, they are already in a collaborative mindset. You can leverage their desire to share, brainstorm, and work together to form a great motivated team.
- Community Involvement –The more your company is involved in your community, the more it will boost your business. Millennials are a culturally and community involved generation, willing to get involved to make things better.
- Out of the Box Thinking – Millennials are problem solvers. They don’t feel bound by convention and precedent, but rather are willing to break out of the box to create new and innovative solutions and products.
- Consumers – Millennials are not only the largest group in the workforce, they also are among the largest group of consumers. When you hire millennials, you are getting employees who understand what their peers are looking for in products and services, making you better able to serve your largest customer base.
Millennials get a bad reputation that’s undeserved. Given the right opportunities and support, these workers can transform your business, helping it to grow and embrace the ever-changing technological innovations. With their education and creativity, millennials can make a great addition to your business.