Today, every small business needs to keep data security in mind. Whether it’s a disgruntled former employee, or a determined hacker, one data breach can shut your business down. Today, you need to stay ahead of potential threats to protect your livelihood.
A managed document system can increase the efficiency of your workflows, improve productivity and keep your sensitive date safe. Implementing a three-part process can keep your data secure and meet all all required regulatory compliance for your industry.
Part 1: Print Output Management
Start by creating protocols to manage output.
- User Authentication – Use PIN codes, swipe cards, or other identifier to set permissions and limit user access to critical data.
- Encrypt Data – Documents should be encrypted as they travel through your network to your MFP and beyond.
- “Follow-Me” Printing– Documents can be output to any network printer and securely released only to authorized and verified users.
- Auditing and Archiving– Administrative software can track and save a backup copy of any document to a specified network folder for auditing and security.
Part 2: Digital File Management
Digital documents are more secure, easier to share, replace or restore in the event of an attack. Digitization can also:
- Automate Workflows – Automatically notify recipients of tasks required to move work through the process.
- Create Secured Access – Authorized users can access documents they need to complete a task. This prevents unauthorized access to sensitive information.
- Audit Tracking – Documents can be tracked from initial creation until completion. Audits include all edits, versions, user access dates and times.
- Disaster recovery – Cloud based systems that store data online can create redundant systems to protect data from disaster and breach, make data recovery easier, and reduce downtime after an incident.
Part 3: Scanning Solutions
Scanned documents can replace paper processes, improve security, and prevent information from falling into the wrong hands.
- Rules Based Scanning – Scanned documents can be automatically routed to specific recipients, locations or departments.
- Protect Data In Transit – Scanned data can be encrypted at the the source before being moved through your network or online.
Document management systems improve workflows, increase productivity, improve security and make collaboration seamless. A Managed Print Services provider can help you to understand your needs, and then design a system to meet them. Ready to learn more? Contact us and arrange a free assessment today!