Traveling for business can be tough on your productivity. Even though you’ll face long hours, uncomfortable hotel rooms and they guy in the seat next to you sleeping on your shoulder during the flight, you still need to get work done.Here are some tips to stay productive when traveling for business!
- Be Prepared – Create a list of the essential items you’ll need to stay productive like your laptop, tablet, and smartphone plus any other accessories you’ll need. Remember to bring batteries, chargers, cables and any other items you’ll need to work.
- Get Your Data In Order – Traveling with sensitive data on your devices can be a security risk if your tech is lost or stolen. Remove all sensitive data and store it securely on the cloud. It will remain safe and you’ll have 24/7 access. Digitize any documents you’ll need and scan them to the cloud as well. It will stay safe and secure and you’ll have 24/7 access anywhere there’s internet connectivity.
- Power Up! – Charge everything before you leave for the airport. It’ll save time and keep you from searching for an outlet at the airport. Once you’ve reached your destination, charge whenever you can. Bring a portable device charger just in case – just make sure to charge it before you leave!
- Use Travel Time Effectively – Most flights provide free in-flight WiFi, but even if you have the option, consider focusing on more productive offline tasks like reading email or checking in with the office.
- Choose the Right Hotel – Make sure it offers the amenities you need like free in-home WiFi, plenty of workspace and a business center you can use. Try to stay with the same chain to take advantage of rewards points. You’ll get expedited check-in and other perks.
- Keep Up With Your Paperwork On The Road – Save time at the end of the trip when you’re tired and jet-lagged. Sort receipts, organize contracts, business cards and other materials. Use the Xerox Mobile Link app to scan, fax and securely store your paper while you’re traveling!