You may be spending a lot more on your document management than you realize. What if you could get rid of the inefficiencies in your print environment? You’d enjoy significant savings and increased productivity. The key lies in spotting the signs in your print environment that keep you from running at peak efficiency.
Here are some signs to look for:
- You have too many “cheap” printers. One big sign of inefficiency is the proliferation of cheap printers in your workplace. While the entry price is attractive, consumables costs for them can quickly add up.
- Too many abandoned documents in printer trays. Unnecessary printing is another sign of inefficiency. Overprinting is a waste of toner and paper! Documents lying around output trays are a security risk.
- Everyone is buying supplies. No one wants to run out of supplies in the middle of a job. Often, that means people buying toner when they think it’s low. While it looks harmless, decentralized purchasing is often unaccounted for and can be a significant drain on your bottom line!
- Too much colour output. Colour print costs up to 4X as much as black and white. While some colour printing is important (marketing materials, presentations or proposals) most documents can be printed in black and white at a reduced cost. This problem arises when you do not have print protocols in place and no one is monitoring output.
- You’re IT is drowning in print-related issues. – It’s estimated that between 40 and 60% of IT calls and time are spent on print related issues. Outsourcing calls can help, but eliminating the need altogether goes further. For example, retiring old technology can reduce calls significantly.
Why Managed Print Services Makes Sense
Managed Print Services (MPS) is a great way to outsource, optimize and manage your print environment. A good MPS provider will offer a detailed assessment of your current environment and what you’re actually spending and then create a plan to optimize your print environment. Outsourcing your print environment to a qualified MPS provider can free up your team’s time to focus on business-critical tasks like growing your company. MPS is a smart way to make the most of your print budget, cutting costs, streamlining workflows and increasing productivity.