A print assessment can give you immediate insight into one of the last unaudited areas of your business, your print environment. An assessment takes an in-depth look into your organization’s printing behaviours, volumes and costs. This data is then compiled into a report that can help you evaluate your company’s current print environment and identify areas where you can potentially reduce costs, increase productivity and reduce waste.
Once the data is collected and analyzed you’re given a report that contains the following information:
- Inventory of All Print Devices – networked and offline
- Usage by Device – detailed breakdown of colour and black and white volumes
- Actual Print Costs – by cost-per-page, device, and overall
- User Activities – can be broken down by department, or by end user
- Energy Consumption
- Recycling Practices – paper and cartridge disposal
Once you’ve reviewed the data, you’ll be better able to make long and short-term educated decisions on opportunities to cut expenses. Depending on the size and dynamics of your organization your assessment may consist of:
- Walk Around –Walk through and inventory of all devices and printing of a configuration sheet at the beginning and end of the day for each device. This will give you a snapshot of your daily usage, which can then be projected out over time.
- Software Deployment– A software assessment takes a bit more time and offers a more in-depth look at your actual volume and costs. Companies can often immediately realize a 30% cost reduction at the end the assessment period.
- Onsite Professional Services– Larger companies, or companies with multiple locations require a more in-depth process to collect and analyze data. Often the payoff is equal to (or greater than) the scope of the study and can result in significant savings!
The size and scope of your assessment depends on the size and needs of your operation. Most companies, large or small, suffer from inefficiency in their print environment and an assessment is the first step towards getting costs under control. It’s a smart business decision that can offer tangible benefits like increased productivity, lower costs and a greener office!